What can you do on a social network? You can connect with people- a lot of people, share your photos, tell jokes, post your thoughts on just about anything and see what our friends and favourite businesses up to. Some of the most common mediums are Reddit, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook being the biggest kid on the block. Social networking sites spread information faster than any other media, which can be hugely beneficial for your business.
For our personal use we may consider social media to be an indispensable way to communicate because it allows us to keep in touch with anyone and everyone on your contact list. Messages are so easy to send- and fun to receive and research has shown that social media has become an important part of life. Most business productivity has been affected now that companies are using social media to find and communicate with clients.
Social Media for Business Statistics:
- 72 percent of small and 34 percent of medium businesses are using social media for business
- social media users who receive excellent customer service from brands spend on average 21 percent more than non-social customers
- 80 percent of businesses use social media sites to monitor/extract information relating to competitors
- Only 44 percent of customer questions on twitter are answered within 24 hours
- 56 percent of customer tweets to companies are being ignored
- 55 percent of customers share their purchases socially on these social sites
- there are over 10 million social mentions of the Fortune 100 each month with twitter generating the most amount of chatter
- 87 percent of the Fortune 100 now use social media- with twitter the most popular
- 75 percent of the Fortune 100 are on Facebook
Coupons and Deals
- Coupons on social media are becoming very popular with 67 percent customers liking a Facebook page to save 25 percent or more
- 17 percent will tweet and retweet a deal to save 25 percent or more,
- 28 percent of customers share deals through social media
- 12 percent have looked for deals on social media sites using their smartphones.
Why not use social media to do amazing things and take advantage of these digital assets that grows every year. The question is how can we make it beneficial for our businesses?
With all fairness we can use the social media to connect with long lost friends and families in an easy and convenient way. It may be old friends from high school or college who we lost connection with over the years; many would thank the social media for this. Social media has given us the opportunity to connect with people and build better relationships with friends whom we are unable to see in person, and share inputs and updates about each other’s lives.
With social media we are able to share our thoughts and perceptions over different topics with a large number of audiences at our finger tips. The sharing feature through this channel makes your opinion about any topic reach a huge number of audience by the click of a button. We can choose to make groups with people who we have the same things in common. This way we can get opinions and input related to the same topic.
If you have a business idea you can use these social media to build a network, create your own publishing platform, grow your marketing channel and content distribution network. Over time it can provide huge leverage and marketing independence if done right. It makes businesses easier and more accessible for new customer likewise, it makes it make businesses more familiar and recognizable for existing customers.
Social media provide tools for companies to connect with their audience and prove brand loyalty while building followers to give the opportunity for customer to convert. Interacting with customers regularly demonstrates trust for other customers. When people go to compliment a product or service, they turn to social media so new members will follow for the latest trends and update.
Increased inbound traffic is given through this medium. This is through people who are familiar with the services offered. Especially when a profile is added this helps to rank traffic back to company website. Of course, the more quality content you have the more traffic you will generate which means more conversions of sale.
Social media also improves customers insights by giving the opportunity to gain valuable information about what your customers are interested in and how they behave through “social listening”. It gives in particular; a way for musicians and artists to build audiences even if they don’t have a corporate contract for business.
Social Media is a revolutionary idea with a very bright future for advancement. May organizations are making use of the immense opportunities provided through this means. Social media marketing, when done right, can lead to more customers, more traffic, and more conversions, and it’s here to stay. As the world is getting closer the future of social networking looks very promising we only have to deal wisely with the problems associated with it.
Are you looking for someone to manage your social media presence? It’s what we do!! Find out more here
Profit Parrot Marketing and SEO Company
- Creative Marketing Solutions for Small Business Owners: Thinking Outside the Box - March 25, 2023
- Types Of Leads And How To Target Them Correctly - February 21, 2023
- SEO Trends You Need to Know in 2023 - January 24, 2023