Local SEO For Contractors
As a contractor in Ottawa or another location, having a website is incredibly important to become visible to your prospective clients. A great website is just one step of the puzzle and SEO is what can tie your website and sales together. With a great local SEO team, you’ll be able to do the following and more:
- Increase your sales
- Increase your impressions in the search results
- Get more phone calls
- Get more emails
- Close more deals
- Grow your client list
- Keep your brand visible to your target audience
- Expand your business
Local SEO Services For Contractors in Ottawa
We specialize in local search engine optimization for contractors. We’ve helped plumbers, HVAC companies, roofing companies, Ottawa renovation companies auto companies, landscaping companies, doctors offices and more. As our list keeps growing so do our technical skills. You can view some of our SEO results here in our portfolio.
- We’re able to research what your competition is doing and find our edge to outrank them online.
- We will help you get on Google My Business in order to become visible even without a website and help generate leads and phone calls directly through your business map listing.
- We will help you edit your website to make it user-friendly, fast, and sales-oriented.
- We will help you create a list of your services and make them searchable in the search engines.
- We will find the top searched and rankable keywords based on your niche, target audience industry, and competitors.
As a contractor, we know you are busy! One of our founders started off with a flooring business and knows all the ins and outs of running a business and the value of SEO. We’ve been in your shoes and we know how to use Google and local search engine optimization techniques to their full potential.
We know you’re busy! That’s why we offer a hands-free approach. You can continue to scale your business, while we work on getting you quality traffic.
With our live reporting options and fun, responsive team, you can be at peace knowing that while your clicks and impressions are going up, you’ll be busy on the phone closing sales.
It’s all about owning the local game in your industry and we know exactly how to do this. We’ve done it many times before and continue to show success to our current contracting clients. If you’re interested in having us check out your website or talk about how we can help, please contact us today: Call us @ 613 706 0057 or fill out our contact form.
The SEO PROCESS | EXPLAINED
Let us know if we can help your contracting business get ranked in Google. Contact us for a FREE site audit today.
Check out some case studies here.
SEO Tips for Contractors
Focus on Your Local Market
Trying to go global can sometimes come at a disadvantage. When you keep your target market condensed, you know exactly what type of target audience you’re looking for. This can help you come up in the search results quicker if you focus on local keywords. Home service + location is a great place to start. If your plan is to expand on your area in the future, there will be room to do so once you get your first few city keywords ranking well.
Make Sure Your Profiles are Up to Date
Keeping your NAP up to date is crucial. (NAP refers to name, address and phone number). When adding your business to local citation sites or local directories, it’s important that you use the same information that you have put into your google my business page. Consistency is key in this case. Make sure you keep a list of all the citations and directories you are listed in. This could come in handy if you need to change your address or phone number down the line.
Some great places to get started with your business profiles are:
- Definitely Google My Business. Make sure you also get verified and the property links to your website.
- Do You Want to See How You’re Ranking Locally for Your Contracting Business? Click Here for Your Free SEO Report.
On-Site SEO Tips for Contractors
Once you’ve done your keyword research, you will make sure your home page and service pages are properly optimized.
- Try to add 1-2 main keywords to your home page and main service pages.
- Each page should be approximately 500+ words of unique content. Google loves long-format content that is informative and full of quality information.
- You should also try to link your pages together so that if a visitor wants to see your gallery, they can easily find it from your homepage or your service page.
- Make sure your site titles and meta descriptions also contain your main keywords.
- Don’t keyword stuff! Your keywords should be used where they can appear naturally.
- Your titles should look something like this: Location + Service. Keep your titles to 50-60 characters.
- Your meta description should look something like this: Looking for (service) in (location)? Talk to our team of experts today, we can help you with (service). Get a free quote today. Keep your meta descriptions to 155-150 characters.
- Add a call to action at the bottom of your service pages and in your homepage.
- Offer a free quote or consultation.
- List all of the services you offer on your website in a drop down menu. Each service should be a standalone page of 500+ words.
- Make an FAQ page full of your top asked questions from your customers. This is not only, great for SEO, it’s the perfect asset to have when a prospect asks you a common question. You can simply forward them a link to your top FAQ. They may even find your call to action from there and give you a call
- Make sure your site is fast, many people will also be checking out your site on their mobile device, it should be mobile responsive as well.
Build Your Trust Signals
Google loves trust signals! These can include things like your google business reviews, Facebook reviews, Yelp, BBB, HomeStars and more.
- Get those local business profiles set up and start asking your happy clients to share the love.
- You can also share badges from top contracting sites as well as any accreditations or awards you have earned.
- Make sure you also have a testimonial or review section on your website.
Build Quality Links
There are several ways to build links. You can do this via writing submitting blog posts, articles and guest posts. The most important point when it comes to gaining backlinks, is that they should be posted to quality sites and be full of engaging and informative content. If you need help writing content for your contextual links, check out our writing services here.
Keep the Momentum Going
SEO is not a set it and forget it type of thing. Your site needs constant attention to allow it to gain momentum in the SERPS. 6 months of quality link building and on-site SEO should get you to page 1 of Google. If you’d like to learn more about how our team can help customize the best approach for you, contact us today.
We Have First-Hand Experience
Our team is proud to work with contractors from all over the globe. This is our favourite niche to work in. We’ve helped insulation companies, roofing companies, locksmiths, appliance specialists, landscapers, electricians, painters accountants, flooring contractors and more for over 10+ years.
Profit Parrot Marketing: Ottawa owned and operated since 2011