There are many different methods if you are looking to get your website ranked fast. There are some things that you should be doing and some things that you should definitely not be doing. Here are a few things you need to know in order to get your site ranked in the search engines quickly.
Make sure you are not using any grey hat methods. Don’t try to cheat your way to the top. Google algorithms will see right through it and you will have to start all over again. It’s not worth it! Some of these do not’s include: having software crawl on your website to help it index faster, copying and pasting content off of another website (this is called duplicate content), and directing people to your site that has nothing to do with the content you are advertising. A great place to check all of the rules to abide by is here: Google Webmaster Guidelines Go through the list thoroughly and make sure that you are following their set of rules. This is a great section to read before even starting out with your website.
Some things you should be doing are as follows:
- Have a great title and keywords. Do some keyword research to make sure you have picked keywords that are competitive but not too competitive.
- Have separate pages on your website with different engaging content.
- Use share buttons (wordpress user? Use the Shareaholic plugin)
- Sign up for Google Webmaster tools and Submit a sitemap (they’ll explain how you can do this) There’s also a section to index your site. Don’t forget to do that too!
- Sign up for the big social media profiles – Google +, Facebook, Twitter + LinkedIN
- Keep posting engaging blog posts or content on your website.
- Share that content on your social media sites and also social bookmarking websites. Some of the big ones are Tumblr and socialbookmarking.net
- Make your website engaging so that people will come back to your site. The longer someone stays on your website, the better it will get ranked in the search engines.
- Be yourself. No one wants to read another cookie cutter website. Make your site different, create a brand and a loyal following.
- Become an expert in your niche. If you show that you are knowledgeable about a subject, you will have a much greater following.
- Follow and network with others. Do not spam people but offer some free helpful tips, a free ebook or guide etc..
- Make videos with helpful engaging content that will get shared.
- Submit your website to local ad sites and directory sites. (the more links you have going back to your site the better it will be for your rankings)
Be patient!! This will not happen overnight. You will have to stay dedicated to posting fresh content weekly and stay on top of the latest trends in your niche in order to stay ahead of your competition. It will take a lot of time and commitment to get your site ranked by yourself. If you are looking to have a team manage your web presence for you, contact us for a free analysis and we’ll be able to guide you through the process.