Small business owners who want to manage their social media marketing campaigns themselves often struggle to develop a good strategy. They don’t know what they should post on different platforms or understand how they should manage all of their social media accounts well. Here are some tips that will help you create the best possible campaign for your brand:
Understand The Different Platforms
Different social media platforms have different personalities so to speak. You can’t treat all platforms the same because they often have different audiences with different expectations. You can take advantage of every platform’s uniqueness and expand your audiences. The best way to do this is to look at how your competitors handle different social media platforms and see what kind of content they post.
Facebook is a very diverse platform with a massive user base so this isn’t a social media network you can afford to ignore. There are many different types of content you can post on Facebook, including:
- Live videos through Facebook Live.
- Pictures and albums of events like product launches and conventions.
- Long-form content and blog posts.
- Videos like tutorials, etc.
- Links to other content in blogs or websites.
On Twitter, you’re limited to 140 characters and while many would consider this a disadvantage, it can also be big advantage. Smaller forms of content are easier to create and manage, which is why Twitter is a great platform for small business owners. Here’s what you can post on this platform:
- Live videos through Periscope.
- Pictures and animations.
- Links to blog posts, videos, and other forms of content.
- Comments and observations ReTweets (to showcase your personality brands)
LinkedIn is a social media site for professionals so the content should reflect that. You can post slideshows, presentations, and long-form content on this platform to gain attention. This social network is ideal for B2B businesses.
Instagram is for photographs and is app-based so you can click a picture and instantly upload to your IG account. This platform is solely reserved for visual content so if you want to stand out, you need to take new and interesting pictures of your products, business, etc. You can also create short videos or Instagram stories.
If you follow these recommendations, you will be able to engage audiences on different social media platforms easily and gain more visibility for your brand.
If you need more help regarding what to post to your social media accounts. Contact me today!
- Unfolding the Impact of Graphic Design on Social Media Marketing - October 22, 2023
- Creative Garage Door Marketing Ideas: Unlocking Success - September 22, 2023
- Local SEO Mastery: Elevating Your Business in Your Hometown - September 21, 2023