It is typical to begin thinking about ways to expand your new venture soon after you launch it. And, as the world evolves online, your business strategy must include both an offline and an online component.
And when it comes to creating an online strategy for brand building, it is no longer a secret that a premium domain name is the fastest way to go. But how do you secure one?
This has long been a problem for most business owners; hence we chose to address it in this article. The steps below will assist you in obtaining the ideal premium domain name for your startup company:
How to Acquire Premium Domain Names in Three Steps
These three crucial characteristics must be met in order to identify and acquire premium domain names.
Go for Brandable Domain Names
Your domain name must be simple to brand for it to be successful. Brandable names are unique, distinctive, and recognizable.
Premium domain names are the most brandable domain names available, and they not only provide your brand with a personality to flourish but also act as the basis of your business online.
An EMD (Exact Match Domain) is strongly advised for business owners who’re seeking to get the most out of their domain name since brandable domain names are mainly developed from outstanding business names.
So, enterprises with premium brand names, like Tesla, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google, also have premium domain names that complement their brand. Therefore, you should concentrate on selecting a memorable company name.
To help you come up with a catchy name for your firm, you can use any of these methods:
- Crafting Unique Words: Compose words that reflect the heart of your brand’s services and identity. This was the path brands like Snapchat, and Gmail chose.
- Use Common Words: Resources like dictionaries and thesauruses are fantastic ways to search for common words that match your brand. Twitter, Amazon, and Tinder are three examples of popular brands that incorporate their own unique meanings into existing words.
- Use Abbreviations: One method for developing a memorable business name is to shorten complex words, as seen with BMW, which is an abbreviation for “Bavarian Motor Works,” and MAC, which is the abbreviation for “Make-up Art Cosmetics.”
- Use a Competent Naming Company: You can use a naming company to hold naming competitions to generate new, interesting brand and domain name ideas that reflect the values your brand upholds.
The best part about picking a brandable, exact match domain name is that they contain the right keywords that’d help you build authority and boost the SEO performance of your website.
Only Pick Short Domain Names
Besides brandable names, another basic rule for online names is to keep them short and simple. Short web addresses are very important as they are simple to refer to, recall, and search on the web. Not to overlook how well a short domain name fits with our limited human memory capacity.
Pay Attention to Top-Level Domains (TLDs)
Top-level domain extensions such as ‘.com,’ ‘.org,’ and ‘.net’ are frequently used for premium domains, and despite the fact that the web has grown greatly, these domain extensions remain the most popular ones.
The Domain Name Association states that the number of added domain extensions has climbed by 145% in recent years to over 1500. Potential customers, on the other hand, normally assume that every domain name they see must utilize either of the top three domain extensions listed above.
Although the cost of top-level domains is higher than that of other common domain extensions, every company desires to own one because of how useful they can be.
But then, if you are unable to secure a .com extension for your domain name, country-code TLDs such as ‘.co and .uk’, as well as growing extensions such as ‘.io’ and ‘.co’, can fare well.
Avoid Making Bad Decisions
Having a premium domain is, again, the cheapest approach to obtaining online success. To achieve this properly, you need to choose domains that match your brand names and avoid misspellings, symbols, and numbers.
Grant Polachek is the head of branding for Squadhelp.com, 3X Inc 5000 startup and disruptive naming agency. Squadhelp has reviewed more than 1 million names and curated a collection of the best available names on the web today. We are also the world’s leading crowdsource naming platform, supporting clients from early-stage startups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Creative Garage Door Marketing Ideas: Unlocking Success - September 22, 2023
- Local SEO Mastery: Elevating Your Business in Your Hometown - September 21, 2023
- Mastering Foundation Repair Marketing: Tips to Grow Your Business - September 21, 2023