Pay per click (PPC) marketing is one of the oldest forms of online marketing. Having been around since the 90’s, PPC has evolved countless times over the last few years. Since its inception, many other kinds of marketing tactics have grown – so it’s no surprise if digital marketers today still wonder about the worth of PPC in 2018.
Here are 5 reasons why PPC is still relevant and valuable this year
1) PPC gives you complete control over your marketing budget: One of the biggest nightmares about using paid marketing features is bill shock. However, that doesn’t happen when you use PPC because it allows you to set daily as well as monthly budgets, so you never need to worry about your bill.
2) Precise customer targeting: PPC allows marketers to target consumers based on various aspects such as the device used, interests, and demographic. Potential customers can also be targeted based on their buying behavior through the retargeting function of PPC, which has become a priceless marketing strategy especially when you want to target people who are already interested in your product, but have not completed their checkout.
3) PPC complements your SEO efforts: Google changes SEO rules almost as often as we change clothes. But combining organic SEO with PPC is still a match that marketers can’t deny. PPC is also beneficial in helping you determine which keywords are popular for your industry, improving your clicks, conversions, and overall SEO strategy
4) You only pay when a customer clicks on your ad: PPC is pretty straightforward. It only works when your ad is clicked during a Google search, not when it’s seen. For you to pay PPC, a click is necessary, which is why ROI is generally very strong when you use PPC. Back in the day, sending flyers would require you to pay for each printed flyer and even postage costs, but you’ll barely get anything back in return. When it comes to paid ads, you are already placing your product in front of audiences who are already interested in them.
5) PPC gives good ROI: Smart businesses know that investing in marketing is key to success, especially in the competitive digital age we live in today. Adwords has been known to generate ROI that is as much as 5 times more compared to other online marketing tactics. PPC is also easy to monitor and track, so it becomes easy to establish what your ROI will be.
If you need help managing your pay per click campaigns, contact me today!