In 2022, it is predicted that as much as 50% of all searches will be conducted via voice search. What does this mean for SEO marketing? In a landscape where Google has been able to provide the most relevant results without any input from the user, how will Voice Search change the digital marketing landscape? Voice search is the future of digital marketing. It’s not just a fad or trend- it’s an evolution in how people are using technology to interact with the world around them.
Google Home, Amazon Echo, Apple Siri, and other voice-activated platforms are making it easier to find information through spoken commands (and even by asking questions!). This is a major change for SEO marketing because it means that keywords are no longer the most important factor in determining rankings. That is, SEO marketing has been about targeting keywords and optimizing content to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPS). Companies were able to optimize their content for a specific keyword by including it as many times as possible without worrying too much about context. This is because we interacted with our devices differently than we do now. We can’t use voice search on desktop computers or mobile phones the way that we used to. It’s not practical and doesn’t make sense.
Now, the ways that people interact with their devices are changing, and companies need to rethink how they market themselves online and adjust their strategies accordingly if they want to stay competitive in today’s digital world. It will change how we evaluate and understand our industry, as well as how we measure success and failures.
This blog post will discuss what Voice Search means for SEO and why you should take it seriously now.
Voice Search User Statistics
With the rapid growth of voice-activated technologies, it is no surprise that 41% of adults use this function at least once per day. By 2022, more than half (56%) of all smartphone users will engage with voice commands on their devices. Google states that its voice searches are 95% accurate. What’s interesting is that the majority of voice search users are below the age of 18. This tells a lot about the increasing adoption of voice search. In 2020, more than 150 million smart speakers were sold globally. And the number of households using smart speakers (Alexa, Google Home) increased to 50%.
So, what do these stats mean for businesses and brands? By 2022, voice search will be a $40 billion industry. Thus, if you are yet to harness the power of voice search, it is now time to optimize your interfaces, websites, and platforms to keep up with the advancing domain of voice search.
Benefits of Voice Search in SEO Marketing
There are many benefits of voice search. Voice Search is changing digital marketing, and there are many reasons why marketers need to take it seriously now-
- Improved Usability – People don’t want to type on their phone or desktop keyboards anymore. It’s slow, tedious, frustrating, and requires full attention, which you can lose very easily while typing something out. Voice search is easier and faster. It’s intuitive to use, and it doesn’t take much effort or time- you can do it while walking down the street or cooking dinner without any problems.
- The Ability to Connect – With voice searches, there are more opportunities for engagement because your company will be able to connect with people through their preferred methods of communication. You can reach out to people through their mobile phones, tablets, smart speakers- wherever they are.
- Increased Conversions – Voice search makes it easier for users to find what they need when searching online. This means more chances of them finding your business and converting into leads or customers. You can boost conversions by optimizing your website content in a way that’s easy for voice searches to understand and navigate through with ease.
- Easier to Find – People can easily find what they’re looking for whether it’s a product, service or information about your company and industry. They don’t have to go through the tedious process of typing in their query on Google, scrolling down pages of results until they find something useful. With voice searches, you will rank higher because people are more likely to speak out loud when trying to search for products or services that relate directly with them compared with typing in a text box.
- Personalized Results – With voice searches, you will get more personalized results. People can ask, follow-up questions, and request for specific information by saying “next”, “previous”, or a number of other phrases that relate to their previous query. This means users won’t have to type out the same question all over again- they just need to say what they want next in order to find it faster.
- More Engagement – According to a study, 70% of people are more likely to purchase something if they can read about it through voice search. People will be able to listen to what you have written or said and then make decisions based on the information that is shared with them, which leads directly to sales opportunities for your company!
- Fewer Distractions – With voice searches, there are fewer distractions. People can search for what they need while multitasking without giving up their attention to something else that may seem more interesting than typing out long queries on Google or other platforms. They will be able to do everything in one go. This means less time spent and effort required from them, which is great news for marketers!
- Improved Keyword Research – Since voice searches are more personal, the keywords that you use will also become personalized. You can look into terms and phrases that people actually say to their devices when trying to find something on Google rather than generic search queries like “buy shoes” or “where is Walmart located?” If someone has a visual impairment and they’re looking for your product online through image search, chances are what they need won’t be found if it’s not visually descriptive enough of an item- this means no matter how good your SEO copywriting may be, you’ve lost out without optimizing properly for such cases!
- Improved ROI – With voice searches, you will be able to increase the return on investment for your business. Voice search queries are more likely to convert into sales opportunities because people can actually engage with them before buying anything or doing any research about it beforehand. They’re basically looking for information that would help them make a decision in case something catches their eye while browsing through images and videos! This added value is great news for marketers who want to maximize conversions from each ad campaign.
- Improved SEO Marketing – Voice searches allow you to improve your search engine marketing strategies. You will be able to create content that is more relevant and targeted towards the types of queries people are actually using for their preferred methods of communication. This means there’s less guesswork involved in writing copy because it’s already personalized! All these factors combined lead to better ROI which makes this a valuable tool for marketers who want to get an edge over competitors on Google or other platforms.
Tips to Improve Voice Search for Your Marketing Campaigns
- Tailor your content to the type of language people use when they search for something. Include details that would make it easier to find what you’re trying to advertise on Google or other platforms. Make sure your content doesn’t have any spelling errors or typos because these can affect how well search engines rank it! You want them to be able to see your business as being credible, so they will trust you with their money.
- Include a mix of images, video, and text in your marketing campaigns because these are unique ways through which users can discover new products or services from their searches! You can use Free Logo Creator for creating interactive logos that users find appealing.
- Optimize for voice recognition software so that people will be able to easily interact with your content while browsing online without any problems! You always want them to have an easy time getting all the information they need and converting it into sales leads if possible.
- Make it easier for people to get in touch with you by including your contact information on every page of the website! This will be especially important if they’re looking for more information about your products and services.
- Create a website that is both mobile and desktop-friendly to accommodate different devices people use when browsing online.
Voice search is set out to revolutionize not only how we interact with our devices but also how we market ourselves online as well as to measure success and failures in this cutthroat industry. It’s up to us – marketers and SEO professionals alike – to keep up with these changes so that we can continue thriving within this digital world by providing valuable content and services for users.
If you haven’t taken advantage of Voice Search yet, now is the time!
Ghostwriter, designer, and videographer. I channel my creative vibes through these mediums, and if in the process my clients are happy then I have been successful in achieving their goals.