Search engine optimization (SEO) remains to be one of the most vital yet complex aspects of any business digital marketing strategy. There’s no doubt that SEO is technical; and yes, it can get complicated. But that doesn’t mean that it should keep you on the fence.
Understanding what makes SEO so important will help you plan your online marketing strategy for next year. Here are 8 SEO statistics that you just can’t afford to ignore:
- Content marketing is one of the most effective SEO strategies. According to Marketing Sherpa, content distribution can result in a 2,000% increase for your blog traffic, as well as a 40% revenue increase.
- A research study conducted by Outbrain revealed that search engines are still the #1 source of traffic for content sites, which exceeds social media results by over 300%.
- Businesses who use strong keywords are able to rank 5 spaces higher in search results compared to those that don’t use any keywords.
- 93% of consumer’s online experiences all start with a search engine.
- Marketers agree with the importance of SEO; they acknowledge that SEO is becoming increasingly more effective with 82% of marketers reporting SEO efficiency has improved. Additionally, 42% of marketers also say that even effectiveness in itself has significantly increased.
- Local SEO tactics are crucial. 72% of consumers who conducted a local search visited a business within 5 miles.
- SEO doesn’t have to be expensive. By reusing old blog posts and adding new content and images, websites can improve organic traffic by 111%.
- More than 57,000 searches are performed every second on any given day on Google.
Google continuously updates its algorithm and optimization factors. To succeed with SEO, it’s important to stay up to date with these statistics as well as industry news because learning how to use SEO can significantly improve your business bottom line. Without SEO, you won’t be able to get to the front page of your customers – you’ll basically be giving it away for free to your competitors. At the end of the day, no SEO strategy is like not having any digital strategy at all.
Start by learning a few of the most fundamental SEO statistics and dive deep for a better understanding of how these figures may impact your business.